With Grandpa still in the hospital, I've been spending a lot of time just hanging out. Mostly for moral support for Grandma. Mom came down too so its kinda a little party in that small room. Amongst our chatter I've been thinking of Grandpa-isms:
"I'm alive, Awake, Alert, Enthusiastic!" Usually said while doing a jig like dance accompanied with a big grin making you feel a little awkward. Yes, thats my Grandpa.
"What's cookin' good lookin'?" Classic Response I learned from grandpa. [warning: uncensored] "Bacon, wanna Strip?" or "Chicken, wanna Neck?" Be sure to raise your eyebrows and move in all sultry like. Again, making you feel slightly awkward; unless you know my Grandpa.
On the 1st, Mark and I started a sugar fast. Mostly to prove that we could do it, improve our health, and be more conscious of what we are eating. I'm a failure. Of the 14 days, I've messed up on 3. Technically, that's 78% good. But that's a C. I hate being "average". I've got to be perfect the rest of the month!My schedule is full to the brim without even a moment to watch my TV shows, go shopping for essential purchases, get my nails filled and my toes done, or go to Chili's with Heidi. As my old roommate Cornia once said "I barely have time to bathe." Funny thing about it, I really like this life I live!! These past few weeks have been pretty much amazing.
We've started a new scripture study program. I seriously love it. I feel like I get so much more out of it when I know I can have someone to share insights with. Almost like I look a little deeper than my casual reading had been before.
I seriously LOVE holding hands. I think it is so romantic. A slight gesture saying "Hey, I like you"...You are aware of their presence, enjoy their company, and crave their companionship. I'm a romantic, what can I say. I am dating the best man. He is quite the romantic himself, ridiculously good looking, smart, motivated, and he always holds my hand!
I want to start cooking again. I love eating out, but I love to cook too. I'm at an impasse.
My job is still amazing.
I need to send out Tessa's "Only Me October" gift. Its an annual tradition now. I really like it.



2 comments:
we do need our chili's night! have you talked to your roomates elsie and jason about a chili's escape with them? they'll pay :)
yeah girl. i love the tradition of my only me october gift. And i need to write you a new poem for the month too. I will see what i can do! i love you girl and i can not stop smiling for you. I am soooo happy to see you happy. I truley brightens my life!!
Post a Comment