I hate to admit this, but I'm sort of confused with all the hype about the Twilight series. I started them after I was finished with Narnia in an effort to pick up my reading habits. It came with rave reviews by what seemed like the whole world. Here's my problem--250 pages into it and I'm still bored. I sort of know the story line..he's a vampire and they're drawn to each other; I get it. But it shouldn't take 250 pages to get that out.
I guess it's just not my type of book. Being a sort of weak reader as it is, I need something with a little more plot. I'm a sappy romantic person-of this I am not ashamed, but...Twilight just doesn't do it for me! whatever!




5 comments:
And this is posted after you tell me that the last 70 pages were good? Hmmm....something's changed....ha-ha
I agree the book does start off slow. The ending does pick up and the rest of the books have a pretty good story twists. The third to me has been the most exciting so far. It is the endings that all the action happens, you just have to get through all love parts. But it has been entertaining for me and some parts have even made me mad. I suggest to keep reading action will start and the books get better (in my opinion).
That is what i told Cory. The book is so slow. 3/4 of the book is mushy and boring but the end is great. The other books are better. They are not so slow to start!
I LOVE THIS POST!! I'm so sick of hearing about the Twilight craze! :) I can't do my visiting teaching, walk through the W or even Deseret Book without being bombarded! I tried reading the series as well, but found it sappy & not very well-written... and let's be honest, a series about vampires pretty much turns me off. (Sorry to any Twilight fans! I promise I'm not a hater). :)
haha finish the book girl!
Post a Comment