Whew! Allow me to say it again--WHEW!
The school year came blowing in like a hurricane with all the usual warning signs. I'm still trying to get the names down and get use to teaching World History 4 times in a row. My class after lunch are endearing little souls but a little out of control and by then I'm out of energy to maintain the growing craziness. Cerrick continues to pull out his little animals that make cow and frog noises before the bell rings. I could take them but technically the bell hasn't rung so it isn't a huge annoyance. Justin and James have contests to see who can answer he question using the largest vocabulary and the ever growing number of Eric's continues to confuse me. Seriously, I just say "Eric, stop talking" and I've covered about half my problems!
Second Period poses the greatest challenge as I have been assigned a blind student. She is really smart and quite funny, but completely blind. Braille book and typewriter and all. Its fascinating to watch her compute and translate the information I'm relaying and then finish the assignment nearly perfect. What a strong woman she is!
Yearbook is simply out-of-control. Some think they know how to do it, which they probably do, but with my pride up to my eyeballs, I refuse to give in and change my perfectly structured plan. A little chaotic yes, but its all going to come together in the end...I hope!
So far I haven't had to stay after school too late. I'm usually headed out by 4 which is much later than last year but I chalk it up to the fact that I've got this new prep. I get home with the usual agenda at hand and find that by 10:00 I'm shot! Ready for a bath and good bed!
Life is really good! I love my job! Seriously...I am so blessed.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Overwhelmed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
hahaha "up to my eyeballs"!!! you're funny! i laughed out loud for that one!! tell your yearbook class to get a grip and just do what you say! =]
Not anyone can be a high school teacher, but even more than that, not anyone can be an awesome high school teacher who everyone loves! You rock, Miss Kaylinn! Just make sure you take some time for R & R at the end of the day to keep you sane. :)
Hang in there!!! On the first day during 4th period, not a single student showed up for Matt's class. Not one! And then it happened AGAIN on the second day! Maybe they all decided they know how to speak English??
Post a Comment