This post may be somewhat boring for the majority of you bloggers who follow my life but, I thought I'd tak a moment and write a few lines about what consumes the majority of my days.
Homecoming is moving along. Only 2 weeks left. I'm a little annoyed that the teacher with whom I share the Advisorship believes that we both need to be there and then doesn't show up. I've already planned a "sick" day to remind myself that my job doesn't consume my whole life and that things are going to get better. October is so hard.Yearbook is fantastically wonderful. I just love that part of my day. Those kids are by far some of my most favorite students. Granted a small percentage of them are repeat students from previous years which adds to the goodness, such a fun part of my day. As for the book making responsibilities, it seems to be going nicely. My first "deadline" is tomorrow and I think we might make it. I have a few pages that I like more than others; some drama with other pages and pictures, and I'm a little over the editors thinking they are the ultimate voice in the room. To this I say "hello, I have the degree, my say is final!" Love that!
More on Homecoming. Our school does what is known as the Homecoming Carnival where clubs and sports set up "booths" to sell stuff as a fundraiser. Usually you are "invited" (which feels more like an expected requirement) to have 2 booths per club; a food booth and an activity booth. Now, keep in mind I am both the Class of 2010 adviser and the yearbook advisor which equals FOUR booths. AND to top it off, for yearbook we get the inflated obstacle course and bungee run which is going to mean mass chaos. I hope I can handle that day! WOW.
P.S. I've conformed to society and started reading Twilight. Only in it a few dozen pages, but...its going well.



2 comments:
Gosh this reminds me of our high school days. After reading about what your doing in life it makes me think what it would be like to teach high school. Would I want to go back to those good and bad days. So much drama. But I think it would be so much fun to watch teens do the same thing we did. You know we really did have a good time in high school. It makes me miss it just a little.
I conformed as well just a couple weeks ago to the Twilight frenzie. I just have 3 more chapters in the 2nd book "New Moon". It is pretty good I like the first one way better but the 2nd on is turning out to be better than I thought it was going to be. It was making me kinda mad so I took a little break from it. But ir is getting better
Post a Comment