Wednesday, September 10, 2008

6 Tid-bits

1. This week the Freshmen class is holding its election to select officers for the school year. I hate their campaign posters! They litter the campus and this year Alexis who-ever choose bright pink everything and the kid that is using the Kung Foo Panda crap...seriously? Ug
2. The aforementioned campaign posters are overrunning my Yearbook advertisement posters which in turn makes our efforts to get the word out futile. We are getting no "doodle art" submissions which in turn ruins our whole Yearbook theme. Now what?
3. I am doing yearbook 20 hours a day I swear! Yesterday I was online trying to coordinate things with my kids uploading pictures and me clearing them as we try to figure out the new online system. Seriously, I was texting one student at 6:00 last night! Is that legal? Oh I'm so overwhelmed.
4. My new roommate has a dog. The dog's name is Taffy. Overall-I'm not terribly opposed to the dog. In fact, I sort of like her which was a bit of a surprise to me. The problem lies in the fact that the dog needs to be bathed, really bad. And now I think it might have fleas thanks to the comment from Heidi. And the hair is a little excessive on my carpet which makes it a little gross. Interesting. But the new roommate is wonderful, really friendly, fun, and easy to live with. All bonus.
5. My car is acting up again. This time it is the gears. When I put it in 5th gear, it makes a loud rattling sound in the shifting deal. If I put my hand on the shifter, then it stops rattling. Ug, if only I had extra funds then I'd just get a new car! That would be beautiful.
6. Speaking of funds, I'm saving all my pennies to buy a house sometime next year. Exciting eh? All donations accepted.

4 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Sorry that yearbook is overtaking your life! Can you opt out of it for next year? If so, you totally should. :) Also, buying a house?! How awesome is that! Love it. :)

Heidi Prince said...

Haha.
EEEK!
I'm sorry for the comment!
It was just something you NEEDED to know!

Shar said...

Yay for buying a house. It's a good time in California!

And I think you should keep your hair long. It makes your face look really slim. Or do a cute A-line and keep the front the same length, and do the back short. What's with all the hair changing lately?

And we were just at Disneyland and I thought of you!

Jaclyn said...

I cannot believe you do yearbook - you are such a saint. I am off to back-to-school night--gotta love the adventures in teaching. Hope you're surviving--