Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I know...

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A TEACHER WHEN...


1. You're more excited about your visual on the white board than the actual assignment.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I love new White Board markers. So nice. I got so excited about them today, I drew binder paper on the board with the red line down the side and everything. And, to my happy surprise, ALL the newsdays were organized and set up correctly. ... well...most which is a good thing.

2. You kind of know you have good penmanship but won't openly admit it; cuz that's boasting.

And I still like my handwriting. I think it should be a font! I use to practice it in High School over and over, just writing the alphabet. That and drawing people. Funny story: I think I was in Mr. Millers Government class, Senior Year. I sat next to Hillary B. (yes you Hillary, bet you didn't guess I'd have a shout out to you) and she was drawing the cutest people for something I don't remember. But I memorized her pen movements trying to duplicate them in my head. Then, time and time again, I practiced making that tee-shirt box, and the big grin, and hair, and shorts, and stick hands. Now, if I do say so myself, I can make pretty cute people. I'll have to show you when we learn about the French social classes and I relate them to our campus. That is another funny story for another day. So-thank you to Hillary for not paying attention to Mr. Miller that day. You've changed my life and the lives of my students. :) Nice!

3. In other situations you find yourself either snapping your fingers, "sh-ing" the crowd, whistling to get attention, or getting fidgety because the person who should be leading isn't!

I was in a church activity just over a week ago. The person in charge wasn't taking charge! I was annoyed. Often times before lessons start I want to use my teacher instincts to get people to pay attention to the directions or lesson. Its a bad habit. I'm embarrassed. Especially when people comment.

Have I mentioned I love my job! I really do. And I think I'm good at it. Which is a bonus.

The end.

2 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

I love the "the end" at the end of this. Too cute! And very Kaylinn. :) Great post, girl!

Heidi Prince said...

you are SUCH a teacher...