Saturday, September 6, 2008

Eating Out

TRUTH: I eat out all the time. I could sit here and try to be all domestic saying I cook like my madre and boys should love me for it. But that would be a lie. I don't cook! Ever! In fact, I've actually succumbed to the infamous frozen dinners. I figure I'll have the rest of my life to cook for my husband and future family, why not enjoy my break while I still have it. That being said, when I'm not feelin' just me and the microwave, I hit the streets for some fantastic prepared goodness. This is turning into more of a ritualistic "comfort food". Chili's chips and Queso. We've considered requesting no menu. I've got it memorized. Love it!
Also, I ventured out onto a new medium of food consumption: Sushi. I've had several gasps of disbelief when I admitted I had never had it. The fear of finding "bad sushi" and hating it forever plagued my desire to venture out on my own. Some have hinted an invitation but never followed through; until now. Today I was taken to RA or KA or some two letter named restaurant where we consumed several plates of different kinds of sushi. My opinion: I LOVE the plates they come on. LOVE the ambiance in the restaurant with high tables and chairs and red balls hanging from the ceiling. Like that I can eat with chopsticks without using the cheaters. (Thanks to the Gig for the lessons way back when). As for the actual Sushi....the jury is still out. I didn't LOVE it but didn't hate it either. I'd eat it again but, probably won't experience a craving for it like I do for Chili's Queso.

I am still hoping for an invite from someone who has Sushi almost every week. (*hint hint*) I'm just saying.

2 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

You and your queso! I remember "discovering" it with you back in our Provo days. :) Who doesn't adore eating out?! OK, let's be honest, perhaps we adore it more than some. :) Good times.

Katie said...

I love reading your blog! Just down to the facts and honest. I love sushi rolls dipped in lots of soy sauce. I'm not a fan of just the fish though. Glad you tried it though...at least you can tell your kids you were adventurous with food if they decide to be picky. Ha ha!