I made a paper chain the other day to count down how many school days there are left. This only includes days that we will be meeting together as a class. It was kinda funny when I put it together, of course during class time while the students did whatever they were doing. Many comments were made that this was something they did in 5th grade. Whatever-its still fun! The funniest comment came from this class. (This is my 4th period, they are crazy out of control! They were trying to jump in the picture. Thats why they look funny.)
Jeremy: What are you making?
ME: A paper chain
Jeremy: Where did you get all those (referring to the strips of colored paper that I cut from regular construction paper)
ME: I ordered them off the internet from the Make-A-Paper-Chain Company.
Jeremy: Really?
ME: Yes, at Waste-Your-Time.com
I think then he realized his question was lame! Its kinda fun!



5 comments:
FINALLY. the all talked about paper chain. hahaha. love it! you are such a funny girl!
that is funny. I love how you interact with your students. you are so quick to think of funny retorts to stupid questions/comments!! Love It!
Haha! This post is further proof that I must see you in classroom action on my next visit! :) SO funny, girl! I love that you said "waste-your-time.com" on the fly. You know those students think you're the coolest teacher ever! Love it. :)
You are so funny. Why couldn't I have a cool teacher like you.
I love that you made a chain with your class - I have plans to make my own (it's tradition) over Christmas break. Great idea to it with the kids (my juniors would like I was smoking something more than I usually do - I should tell you about our toilet paper day - they really think I'm crazy on that day...it's coming in January!). Good luck with the final days of 2008--
Post a Comment