Thursday, December 4, 2008

Anatomy 101

ITBS + Dr. Mike + Mark = 6 Miles
2 Years ago, Bonnie Jacobs and I decided it would be wonderful to be in the play "Oklahoma". Bad choice! We were cast as the "Can-Can" girls and were trained to do these amazing kicks and all. Amidst all the leg glamour-I developed what was eventually diagnosed as ITBS. My previous admiration for running was hampered. I could barely get out the door and a few blocks without feeling the sharp pain. Kaiser's answer "tough luck...find other forms of exercise"

Enter Mark. He suggests Dr. Mike. Dr. Mike makes suggestions, wraps with tape, diagnoses me with a myriad of ailments and gives some supplements.

Fast Forward: yesterday I ran 6 miles. :)

Self...great day!

4 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

You mentioned you'd been busy blogging, so I just had to check it out. :) Yay for Dr. Mike! I am so happy that your running days might be back. Don't push yourself too much, though. I wish it were warmer here in Utah... It's a bit hard to run in the frigid winter weather. :(

Lesley Wright said...

WOW! that is impressive 6 miles is a lot. WAY TO GO

Heidi Prince said...

thank goodness for dr. mike! love that your loving your knee again!

Katie said...

Can Dr. Mark come to Indiana??? I haven't run since Preston was born because of hip and knee pain. I am in physical therapy but don't know if it's helping...I'm jealous..6 miles!! That's awesome!