Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Raindrops!

Dearest California Winter
I welcome it with open arms!
This has been the glorious sight I've seen all week! It has been raining, quite literally, non-stop, since Monday morning. I love it! (the freeway is a little scary, but I make do)
I really don't think that Southern California is equipped for rainfall. There is flooding everywhere, drivers are out of control slow, and the parking lot at Vons is a lake. Thats a bad sign. Oh but I love sitting here with the christmas lights on, and the rain outside! Again, welcome!

2 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

man...we weren't messing around when we were willing it a month ago. Bummed its about to stop. Good ol' SoCal....one day it can be in the 40s, and the next it is in the 80s. whatever. :)

The Kammeyers said...

I suppose this wouldn't be the best time to say that we're enjoying a beautiful snowfall now - and planning on a white Christmas in Oregon too. :) Hehe. JK! At least you don't have to deal with icy roads & scraping the snow off your car - definite bonus. But for the sake of wintry goodness, I hope a major storm blows through there next week - California-style of course. :)