Two things:
(1) Well, I almost never give my students essays. Not only do I hate taking the time to read them and grade them fairly, I hate reading their sloppy handwriting and horrific grammar. The worst part is...without fail...so many students start off their "short answer" topic with WELL... Today's best spelling error:
"will, one of the ting that I most go is that the rich people got more wilthy in money and they that that they were better than everyone els. Whyal the poor people got even more poor."
Whyal--I think that's suppose to be While all. :) (disclaimer: I really do like this kid. He's great)
Well, my teaching bloggers---do your kids start their answers with "Well,..." ? where did they learn this?
(2) Well, I love how EVERY MONDAY MORNING, I have the following conversation at least 6 times. Usually more.
STUDENT: Hi Miss Wright, how was your weekend?
ME: eh...the same. Not too eventful.
STUDENT: DID YOU GO TO DISNEYLAND?
Well, I guess I've cleared the point the I love going there! No, I didn't go this last weekend.
Monday, December 15, 2008
How was teaching today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What teacher taught this person proper english, spelling, and grammar? I think it is time to send that person back to college, possibly even repeat grade school.
LOVE that your students ask you that...
Matt says they have no idea how to actually write- they just imitate what they would say in real life. Ah, American education.
Though I'm not a teacher myself, I definitely can appreciate the importance of good grammar & spelling (in fact, it definitely annoys me when I see mistakes)... I suppose I have my Communications major to thank for that! :) Also, I love the consistent Disneyland question - Honestly, with your love of the parks, how can you blame them?! :)
Post a Comment