Friday, December 19, 2008

I know, Right?

I'm done working today. Yeah!! I now I have two weeks free from work, students, Yearbook Logs, and 5:30 am alarm clock! I've got a couple books I'm going to read, some last minute shopping, definitely need to clean my house, shows to watch, and relaxing to do. Awesome!

I got to hang out with my old roomie and her sister the other night. This is a beautiful duo whom I just love spending my time with. We wandered around Downtown Disney which is wonderfully decorated for the holiday and we laughed about life. I wish we could have more get-togethers.

My roommate, bless her heart, is a bit of a study. I'll quickly say, I thought it was interesting that she decided she could take the Family Room remote into her room so she could watch cable. That left me to hang out in my room and read. Eventually, I just figured out how to manually turn on the satellite, and use the controls on the box to get to a station I could watch. It was just interesting that she didn't offer to watch it in the family room so we both could relax. Also, the dishes from her cooking deal last Saturday are still in the sink. And can someone explain to my why her boyfriend picks her up at 3am. Yes, that's when he gets off his work shift, but really? What are you possibly doing with him at that hour that can't wait till a decent morning hour. Wow! It will be so lovely when, someday, I don't have random roommates!

At school today I had more junk food hen I should have. My bad. How am I going to loose these handles I've been fighting with that record?

I'm excited my parents are coming down to southern California for Christmas this year. Weird that we're having Christmas at my house. We're purchasing gifts, planning a menu, trying to find a way to nicely ask the roommate to go somewhere else. I feel like an adult. Its weird, but so very fun. And Mark has some time off work which is most assuredly a double bonus.

On a downside, my Disneyland pass is blocked out for the Christmas holiday which means 2 weeks without a visit. Its amazing how often I go. If I were to tell my teenage self that someday I would live in Southern California and go to Disneyland almost every week, I think my teenage self would have gaped in disbelief! I still sometimes do, and I'm living it!

I'm finally feeling like I'm managing my life better. Perhaps a part of this is attributed to the fact that I'm not working for the rest of the year which removes a huge part of my day, but besides that I am feeling well balanced. I suppose this means I need to brace myself because that's when S*** hits the fan.

I didn't send out Christmas cards this year to anyone. Don't feel like I've missed you. Although I should have so that I could have attached my photoshoot pictures and boasted at how great photoshop makes me feel. But I didn't. Next year I will for sure, I promise?

Lastly, I've noticed that I have a new catch phrase that I say ALL THE TIME. I went through the IDK phase a few months ago and now have been hit full force with the "I know, right?" Although, unlike IDK, this doesn't bother me so much. It just fits so perfectly~is a perfect response to most thoughts. I think I'll keep it. Done and Done!

6 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Great post, Miss Kaylinn! A few thoughts, if you will:
-Enjoy the relaxation while it lasts! Soak it up, catch up on shows, read books, but most of all enjoy! :)
-With regard to the roommate & her remote control disappearing act... Definitely not cool!
-I'm thinking the Disneyland "blockage" should be lifted. I mean, honestly, you ARE one of their PR agents, right? :)
-I consider the no Christmas cards unacceptable. You'll definitely have to do one next year! ;)
-You know you're a Californian when you say "I know, right?" as often as you do! Seriously.
-OK, The End. (This has to be a blog comment record for me!) :)

Mikey said...

oh my...." i know right" comes out of my mouth at least 20 times a day.

Heidi Prince said...

one word for you girl....GUMPTION. lol
if that were something i could give to you for christmas, then i would.

The Ross Family said...

girl, your phrase is "really?, Really?" That one you say all the time too. And mom and i were laughing at thanksgiving because Mark says it just like you. I think he has picked it up from you. Too funny. Wish i was spending the holidays with you but hope they are fantastic with ma and pa. i love you girl. Oh and i am still waiting for that "serious" convo:-)

The Ross Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tabitha said...

As I person that remembers very well your teenage self, and was as much into the Disneyland dream ("just being a sidewalk sweeper at Disneyland would be the greatest job ever--right?") I can say that I gasp at how cool it is that you are there all the time, admittedly green with envy somewhat constantly.