Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gumption

If I had any Gumption then I'd probably:

  1. Tell my roommate how happy I am that her Dog is GONE! Not an ounce of pain or sadness that my freshly clean carpets are still flithed-free, the floor has no hair when I sweep, the dog poop isn't outside, and the possibly that maybe the backyards grass will grow in green again.
  2. Tell my landlords that the MUST send me copies of the utility bill each month. Not just send me a number over an email but an actual hard copy of the statement. One that I can hold.
  3. Tell that one girl in my yearbook class to take a hike, I hate her stinkin' guts, she makes me vomit, she is skum between my toes. Seriously.
  4. Tell the other 2 girls in my yearbook class that it isn't always about them. Please, there are things bigger than the look of your boyfriends picture in the yearbook, the fashion spread, and the power you think you have.
  5. Ask my landlord what the heck he is thinking (if anything) now that there are only 2 of us living in his house. I'll move if I have to but...can it wait till school is out? But I won't cuz I'm too afraid if I bring it up he'll realize that he isn't making money of our two measly rents and then decide to kick us out. That would be bad. Hopefully he never reads this!
  6. Request that the new pool key get dropped off.
  7. Ask my roommate to clean out her junk from the fridge. For 2 people, that fridge is mighty full.
  8. Kiss the woman who cut my hair. She's my hair saving genius. My previous hair cutting experience led to a rather tragic mullet mistake and I've felt ugly for about 5 weeks now. Dearest Emily-thank you for saving my face.
  9. Ask my roommate for moola to help pay for the Christmas Tree Mark and I set up yesterday. (with no photos I'll add...terrible)

Pretty much the only people I need more gumption with are my landlord, my roommate, and my yearbook students. Three girls and a Landlord. I'd say that is a really great outcome! Of all the people in the world, I've got 4 to manage. I may complain about them, but really--I find it a comical annoyance more than something I need to stress about.

4 comments:

Mikey said...

I really wish you'd have gumption. and that i were there to witness it. especially in year book class. :)

Heidi Prince said...

HAHA. i about peed my pants when i read your "gumption" about the dog. that is so funny! Haha. I hope your landlord doesn't read this either.

The Kammeyers said...

Please tell me you were inspired by the "gumption" conversation in the flick The Holiday. :) Gosh, I love that movie! I remember watching it with you last winter during one of your visits. Classic.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Your landlord read this.