Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ronald Reagan Library

Fact: I am a true history woman! Proof: I went to the Ronald Reagan Library (Museum) for my birthday. My students are still confused as to why I went to a museum for my birthday but, I suppose this is what qualifies me as their history teacher.


Reasons why I wanted to go to the Library:

(1) Spend time with my super hot fiance who is just the best company ever! He took the day off work and drove all the way up to Simi Valley with me and even took me to dinner that night. How did I get so lucky? When people ask what was the best gift: this is my answer. Mark taking the day off work to spend the weekend with me! What a great gift!

(2) See a piece of the Berlin Wall built to seperate communist East Germany from non-communist West Germany. Historically geekish that I would want to see it but super cool that it was there. The weather was perfect and the views of the valley amazing.

(3) Photo-Op for the blog. I was there. The signing of the NATO pact between the Soviet and USA. Cheers to no nuclear weapons!

(4) Air Force One--best exhibit of the Library. You get to walk through it! How cool is that? Too bad you can't take pictures inside. Right after we get in, our first photo-op was when Mark noticed the sign for the restroom. "Occupied". Really? Nice.

Overall it was a wonderful celebration. Mom, who has the U.S. postal service down to a science had my package delivered right on time. Filled to the brim with a cute new purse (pictured in all above shots), some stellar recipe books, and the cutest new shirt set that I happen to be wearing right now! Delightful. Cheers to one year older and wiser too.

3 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

I LOVE THAT SHIRT! oh man, the best purchase EVER! i love it! cheers to your mom and everyone else that made your birthday so special!

The Kammeyers said...

I LOVE this post! Excellent blogging job! :) I especially love that you were there to sign the NATO pact! :) Also, you know Aaron would be totally jealous of the Air Force One exhibit!! We just might have to visit the museum sometime. Anyway, can't wait to see you in a matter of HOURS! :) Woohoo!

P.S. It must be said, however, that the proper spelling of Regan is "Reagan." Wouldn't wanna lead those students of your's astray. :) Big hugs, girl!

Jaclyn said...

What a cool idea-- that place look amazing. Way to do something most people only talk about-