Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Our Home"

Well, we did it. I've moved into what will eventually be "our house" after the wedding. Moving is such work!!! I was up all night packing up everything so that we were all ready to go that morning. Mark and I had half the truck loaded before the Elders Quorum even showed up! Thats dedication really. First we had to get rid of Fido. Here's Liz taking him away. Pretty sure she put him in the car without anything covering the top. I thought that was odd, but to each his own.

Mark was a genius at loading up the Uhaul. I was impressed at his mad Tetris skills. I think this truck must have been bigger then my last move cuz it all fit really easily. Of course, it very well could be that Mark is just amazing! Yup--thats probably it.

Remember when I had to drive these things by myself? Those were NOT fun days. Mark volunteered to save me from having to drive this down the 91 freeway again. When I moved here from Moreno Valley that one time, that was so scary!And finally we arrived. Boxes and boxes later, we got it all in the house. The bed we bought is like sleeping on concrete, the family room is awkwardly large, and the kitchen drawers are struggling. But it's home and I love it. Truly!
And nothing makes a moving day better then a date night with Mark to my favorite restaurant with a Gift Card. Thanks to the Bouche's and their thoughtfulness...I heart Chili's!
Now if only April will hurry up and get here so I don't have to live alone!




4 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Poor Fido! What if she had to suddenly hit the brakes or something?!... Fido meet the floor. :( Seriously. Too bad you'll no longer have these interesting roommate stories. But we definitely won't miss the peeing dog! :) Can't wait to come visit you, girl! Big hugs!

Michele said...

What an exciting part of your life. I'm so excited for you. Your home is going to look so nice when you have it all unpacked and decorated. Oh and I hope April comes quick enough for you. I know those engaged months are ones that you just want to fly by so you can just be married.

Mikey said...

OMG, that queso dip looks DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so jeal.

Jaclyn said...

So cool that things are falling into place-- hope all the unpacking is going well!