Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where's My Man

At sweet sixteen, I first began
To ask the good Lord for a man.
At seventeen, I recall
I wanted someone strong and tall
The Christmas I reached eighteen
I fancied someone blonde and lean.
And then at nineteen, I was sure
I'd fall for someone more mature.
At twenty, I thought I'd find
Romance with someone with a mind
I retrogressed at twenty-one
And found college boys most fun.
My viewpoint changed at twenty-two
When "one man only" was my cue.
I broke my heart at twenty-three
And begged for someone kind to me.
Then begged again at twenty-four
For anyone who wouldn't bore.
Now Lord, that I am twenty-five
Just send me someone who's alive.
-Sharon Miller

5 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

hahahahahahahaha....its you in a complete nutshell.

Heidi Prince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley Wright said...

Love it! Chuckle chuckle

Lesley Wright said...

Oh and you look so beautiful in the new picture to the left

The Kammeyers said...

You crack me up, girl! I can't believe you totally posted this... Well, actually, I can. :) Love you!! Enjoy the cruise! I expect a full update upon your return.