Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Familar Hills of Home

I love coming home! After a stressful week in Palm Springs, I headed up to the glorious Parental Unit's abode for some Rest, Relaxation, and love! Thing I love about being at my parents house:



  • 1) The Piano: I love playing the piano. And I love my parents upright. It just sounds so beautiful, and its just right there. Someday, that will be a great gift idea for whomever wants to get me it! I'm just saying

2) Trents Mission Wall: Mom's got the poster charting each day Trent completes. I just love putting the stickers on it and counting the days until his return. Plus with the pictures and all, its lovely!


3) Chlorine: yes, strange I know, but my sibilings will probably agree, not a wiff goes by without thinking of Dad and the garage/side yard! All those yellow containers with gallons upon gallons of chlorine! I love it.


4) Mt. Diablo: My whole backyard. Just beautiful. The mountains full of overgrown grass and snakes. Memories of cows and forts and the creek. It really is a great place for a house!


5) My old room: Although it doesn't look a thing like the old room in which I grew up. Mom has switched out the bunk beds for a double, and painted the walls from...whatever they were to what they are now. And she is in the process of redoing it again! So really it isn't anything like my room, but the walls are still the same, and those few drawers that have some old momentos. That counts.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Kaylinn, funny because when I smell chlorine I get flashbacks to your side yard and all the good memories at your house. So fun! Oh and I love the picture of Clayton, I miss those Golden Hills!

Katie said...

I can picture your house and playing in your room when we were little. I can also see your ultimately organized mom charting each day of Trent's mission and re-doing a bedroom..never a dull moment for Diane Wright! I love Clayton too...so many great memories!

Heidi Prince said...

kaylinn! you needed this little break! i am glad you're enjoying yourself?! will i ever see you again?!

The Kammeyers said...

Great post, Kaylinn! It's so nice to appreciate all the little comforts of home. :) Glad you're enjoying Clayton!

Lesley Wright said...

I agree. To have Mt Diablo in the back of your home is very unique and probably the coolest