I am have a great time being here at home. Still hanging out with the parents pretending that I don't have responsibility or an adult life waiting for me a few hours away! We've done just about everything and yet nothing at all. A trip to the Oakland Temple, always a great experience, going to the park and the pool with Macade, visiting with old friends, and enjoying some sun!
Yesterday was dad's party celebrating one year since diagnosis. So many people came, we feel so blessed with friends. Tessa, Grandma, and I were in the kitchen for 6 hours preping the food and such, that was an experience I'll tell you! But in the end I think all worked out! Such a great time we had.
I taped Macade playing the piano this afternoon. He was going crazy earlier, of course, and by the time I got it on film, he was somewhat over the whole experience. Oh he is so fun, makes me excited for my own kiddos someday.
Being home is just wonderful. I'm feeling a little ready to return to real life. A few more days of vacation before the school year begins, just enough time for another trip! Cabo San Lucas, Mexico? Sounds good. Done and done!



4 comments:
Kaylinn, I'm glad that you guys still have this memory. I think that it will be one of those moments that will be engraved in my memory FOREVER. Who can forget singing/doing actions to "Tiffany", while wearing a sports bra, while in a tent??? Just not a forgettable event!! Love it!
I love the video! Makes me feel like I was there. Macade is so fun.
So I read the post above about Tiffany & couldn't help laughing out loud. :) I'm hearing the theme song now: "Running just as fast as we can... Holding on to one another's hand"... blah, blah, blah. What child of the '80s didn't enjoy a little Tiffany goodness?! Lol.
Enjoy Cabo San Lucas!
I agree it is so nice to be home and relax. I'm glad you had a good time. When does school start back up for you? It seems like schools starts earlier and earlier every year.
Post a Comment