Monday, July 21, 2008

Utah Summer

And thus Summer has begun. I've got trips planned like you wouldn't believe! One down, Four to go! First round was up to Utah to visit my best girlfriend Lauren! She and I have been friends since my first year at BYU. And for the record, she is the BEST travel buddy ever! We decided to take a little drive from Orem down to Moab for some sun and natural beauty. No trip is complete with out our gossip magazines. We love them! So we stalked up and sat by the pool the minute we got there!


When the hunger pains began to be more than we could handle, we set off to find something delicious to eat in Moab. I would highly recommend this piece of goodness where I ate my weight in fried food! Delicious!

Off to Arches the next morning. We tried to get out early to beat the heat. We were unsuccessful.



I'm a risk taker! Balancing Rock
Hiking to Delicate Arch. It must be blogged that apparently Moab has a very high draw to the French populations. While visiting, Lauren and I felt like minorities! No exaggeration! Seriously. Everyone on the trail with us spoke French! Oh, except for the Austrians who took one of our pictures for us! Seriously, who knew Moab was so popular among the foreigners.Finally, despite the heat, we made it to the Delicate Arch. It was really a magnificent sight.
Appreciating Earth!And for those who know, I am a sucker for historical sights! So of course, we have to stop! I do love history! How convenient since it is a major part of my profession!

What a wonderful weekend it was! So fun to spend time with Lauren again with laughs and new memories. Many more good times to come...of course!

6 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

A great weekend indeed! I'm loving the post, girl! (And what a rebel you were for going of the beaten path at Balanced Rock). :) Ahhh, so many memories... The magazines, sunbathing, the hikes, French tourists... everything. So, au revoir until our next get-together! :)

Heidi Prince said...

looks like fun!

Chris & Carolyn said...

dude... i was in moab last weekend. what if we were there at the same time?? crazy.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Hi! Your trip to Moab looks like great fun - I've lived in Utah my whole life and never been there (except for one crazy night in high school with my girl friends at a really really dirty and cheap motel) - I think you had a better time! I love reading about your life - keep posting!

Brooke said...

I love that you travel around so much! I am so so jealous! So.. Brandon? Where did you guys meet? He seems like a super sweet guy Kaylinn!

Brooke said...

I love that you travel around so much! I am so so jealous! So.. Brandon? Where did you guys meet? He seems like a super sweet guy Kaylinn!