Monday, July 7, 2008

Unemployed


This morning started the second session of Summer School. I was scheduled to teach my usual World History class for those students who failed the second semester of regular school. Upon my arrival, I realize that I've only 5 students continuing in class. Really? Only Five? Thats not enough to form any good group anythings! Shortly after class began, I was visited by the Prinipal who informed me that due to the lack of enrolled students, specifically in my section, they were dissolving my class! Which means, yes, I am unemployed until August! Good and bad. Yeah, I don't have to go to work. Sad, what I am I going to do with the rest of my time. I suppose I'll just become a couch potato.

5 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Oh, come on, unemployment isn't such a bad thing, right?! :) Here's to plenty of hours spent relaxing, watching reality TV, chilling at Disneyland, and vacationing. :)

Lesley Wright said...

I know you can come visit Dave and I. We can go take a trip to visit Tessa. Or the other way around. I NEED A BREAK. Or you can wait until beginning of September and Dave and I will just come visit you. We can go to Disneyland (except I can't ride the rides) but we can get the yummy chocolate/carmel apples.

Jaclyn said...

congrats on finishing-- hope all your plans go well and that you get all the rest you need. Summer has been glorious so far.

Katie said...

Wow..two cancelled classes..what are the chances?? Enjoy your lazy days of summer though..sounds like you have some fun things planned!

Unknown said...

great, now that i am leaving to hawaii... you are unemployed. we could have ruled the world together as two unemployed adventurous scrubs.