Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Apa Kabar?

Kabar Baik!
Its kind of a big deal if you get your name up on ''THE WALL". If a student says something really clever and funny, I print it out and it goes on THE WALL with the name of the student underneath. "Shack Alone" is on there, the definition of a teacher when Robert looked it up in the dictionary to be funny. Those types of funnies. I've added one today! Every 2nd period Chris enters class with this Indonesian greeting. "Apa Kabar?" (Whats news?) I am to respond "Kabar Baik" "News is good!" I taught them this from a book I was randomly reading during SOAR (eagle term for SSR) called MEE Thinks. I guess it kinda stuck. I still smile over it. And Chris is really excited he is on THE WALL. At least he learned one thing this year!
.
FYI: Pronunciation--Apa rhymes with Papa and kabar rhymes with ...nothing I can think of. Oh well, do your best. The response kabar baik sounds like kabar bike.

1 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Am I on the wall?? If not, I should be. :)