Many of you may not know of my brother Trent. He's currently serving a mission in Florida. A thought came to me this evening after I had read his weekly letter. Just thought I'd share it on the good ol' blogspot.
My younger brother is such an inspiration to me in a lot of ways. One in particular is that even when he has hard weeks, he is still optimistic about it. He doesn't rag on others, or get negative in his letters but continues to send upbeat words to the family assuring us he is on the errand of the Lord, is being taken care of and above all, that he is happy where he is.
I wish I was more like him.
You see, I had a relatively hard day today. It came to my attention in a rather unexpected way that I tend to voice my opinion on things too often, and more often then not, it comes across as negative, obnixious, and possibly offensive. This isn't entirely new news to me, but thought I had a pretty good handle on it. Anyway-so onward and upward. Moving to higher ground. I've made a stronger committment to be more aware of others. Now it is my goal to improve! Filtering my personal opinions, vocalizing only positive thoughts and keeping those less than such to myself.
I love Elder Wright and the thoughts he brought to his older sister this evening.
I'm feeling better already.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Footsteps to Follow
Posted by Kaylinn at 7:35 PM
Labels: Family, Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Kaylinn, you are so optimistic and genuinely positive... those who know you the best know this, and that you are always trying to focus on the good in life, and turn not-so-great situations into good ones. :) I love how on our little trips together, when little inconveniences happen, you just go with the flow & make the best of things. (Case in point: Our wrong turn on the way back from Moab, when we drove all the way down I-70). :) You were a champion for not getting upset! And you're always a champion!! Love ya tons! :)
No one will argue that you voice your opinion, but don't we all? :)
In any case, I have always thought you to be a positive person--you're going through a lot, and handling it marvelously. Take care!
Yeah for brothers on a mission. Trent is a great example and he is doing a phenomenal job. Way to be possitive and learn from mistakes and being humble to correct them. Thanks for being an example.
Post a Comment