Saturday, November 15, 2008

Winter Dreams

Today I want it to be winter. Something about Christmas shopping in shorts and the AC full blastin the car isn't my idea of a "Winter Wonderland". The weather man report its 95 degrees this afternoon. Really? Where is the fall wonderfulness? Where are my winter chills? Blankets and sweaters? Southern California is nice and all, but really? I'm missing my favorite season.

So--I'm willing it into winter. I've been wearing my sweaters despite the heat. I've purchased scented pinecones bringing yule tide cheer into my house! Pulled out my amazing winter pj's--super comfortable sweats and long sleeve shirts. I'm consuming mint truffle flavored hot chocolate and watching Home Alone. Come on Mother Nature...get the hint!

7 comments:

The Ross Family said...

I know girl, i feel ya. except we have fall here and it has warmed me up for a great christmas season. Downside...that weather never seems to ends once it comes. Come on...Really??

Mikey said...

sick. sick. sick. i'll switch places with you.

Heidi Prince said...

I wish it was winter here too Kaylinn! I can't wait until I enjoy wearing my sweaters instead of sweating out pretending to love them during this heat! COME ON WINTER...TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM.

Jaclyn said...

I tell people I get sick of the sun, and they think I'm crazy- but I'm with you - cold is essential for the season (not excessive, mind-numbing cold, but enough that the sweaters feel cozy and you can curl up with a blanket on the couch). Hope all is well! Thank goodness we've got so many days off coming up soon!

The Kammeyers said...

I love Heidi's "take one for the team" comment. So funny! I can understand how you're feeling, girl! I love cool winter weather & being all snuggly warm inside. How about I send some cool temperatures your way? We've got plenty of that to spare. :)

Lesley Wright said...

I really like wearing sweaters too. Although, I found out that in Rexburg yesterday it was 29 degrees. I do NOT miss it at all. Just wait until we go to Oregon it will be cold there.

Katie said...

I'm sorry but you could trade me here in Indiana if you would like. I'll take 95 over 22!! Actually I am feeling the Christmas spirit with the snow on the ground, but maybe if I was just visiting Indiana and really LIVED in California that would be better :)