Friday, November 7, 2008

"A Gentleman and a Scholar"

Funny. Optomistic.
Fighter.
Testimony. Caring.
Service.
Loving. Honest.
Hard Worker. Dedicated.
Family Man. Openminded.
Trustworthy. True.
Believer. Adventurous.
Opinionated.
Husband. Father.
Grandpa.

January 6, 1929 - November 6, 2008
I will cherish your laugh!

I realize this is a repeat picture...Just accept it!

7 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

So sorry to hear about this, as you know. It sounds like your Grandpa was a wonderful man! Thank goodness for the Gospel and our knowledge of eternal families. :)

Heidi Prince said...

He is someone that hopefully all of our spouses (future in our cases) should be able to look up to! like lauren said... thanks for the gospel in our lives!

Kris and Kally said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. But your tribute to him was beautiful! He was a lucky man to have someone like you for a grand-daughter!

Tabitha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is tough to loose someone you love...even with the knowledge that families are forever. Know that your in my thoughts.

**Sidenote** When you were talking about your Grandpa a few weeks ago and wrote about his lines..."Hey good lookin' what's cookin" and "Chicken, wanna neck" it brought back a lot of memories from our childhood...really good memories:) Sorry again about your Grandpa!

The Ross Family said...

Grandpa is the best. I am glad that you get to be there for Grandma and mom. I wish i was there to be with you all too. Your all in my prayers, tears, and heart. I love you.

Kendra Leigh said...

I'm sad I'm so far and probably won't make it to the funeral. Sending love and strength your way! (and I totally thought his birthday was Jan 1929 b/c that's what my family chart says)

Kendra Leigh said...

so on my google reader your post said he was born dec 1919, but when i clicked on your blog it says Jan 1929- just disregard my previous comment on this....