Halloween weekend presented another opportunity for me to take a quick trip up to Las Vegas. Mark had some time off work and was in need of a get-away so off we went with a bag of Milky Ways and Trolli Sour Worms to end our Sugar Fast with a flare! (actually, we gave up on that sugar thing several days ago, but whatever!)
Our first stop was at the Calico Ghost Town. Once a thriving city with millions of dollars in silver and coal, now this historical landmark is seen only by the tourists. Fortunately for me, Mark enjoys a bit of history himself, so I didn't feel bad when I wanted to walk in every building and read all the signs. Most of the attractions were free that day, possibly because it was Halloween, so we got to go into Maggie's Mine and Pan for Gold at no additional cost. Bonus! We got to Vegas in the early afternoon, met up with a few of his fabulous friends, and headed over to the Las Vegas temple to enjoy the Spirit there. A stop at the superb Cafe Rio made the evening even more spectacular if that is possible following a Temple trip! So great! Good suggestion by Mark and great navigation by Brandon got us safely there! Delicious!
A slight change of plans led us over to the Titanic artifact exhibit the next morning, meeting up with my dearest friend Lauren and her husband Aaron. I had been there once before so I didn't lag too far behind, managing to read only 3/4 the signage posted. That was kind of me! I have always been fascinated by Titanic so it was a good thing all around.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Las Vegas!
Our last real adventure was at the Bellagio hotel, still by far my favorite on the strip. Lauren and Aaron suggested we hit up the Buffet there as their selection and food is the best. The price was a little more than the others, but I must admit the food was exceptional! Mark and I do share an addiction to the desserts, which I haven't decided if this is good or bad! I was even thinking about the dessert bar before we had even decided on which buffet we were going to! A shout out to the sushi there too. I was surprised at how delicious it was.
So--that's how I spent my Halloween this year for those who wondered. Vegas was wonderful fun and a great chance to just get away, see friends, enjoy some history, and spend time with my favorite person! Thanks to Brandon and Michelle and opening their home to us. We appreciate your generosity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Sounds like a fab weekend. I have always wanted to see tbe traveling Titanic exhibition.
The Bellagio is deffently the most galmorous hotel there on the strip and I love the water show. Next try the buffet.
I have cousins that have been married in the Vegas temple so I have always wanted to go through and see inside. I am ready for another vacation.
omg...so jealous of the titanic exhibit visit. also... jealous of the rio. also....jealous of the vegas trip... basically i'm jealous, thanks a lot. i'll repent now.
You forgot to mention the story of your "not so enthusiastic" train conductor at the ghost town! :) JK! What a great weekend that was! SO great to see you, as per usual.
P.S. Sorry the Bellagio buffet was pricey. :( Hopefully you enjoyed it anyway!
I went to that buffet in college and I will never forget how good the dessert was. It's so fun to see you having so much fun with Mark...he seems like a keeper!
Glad you had fun. It was great to have you! We hope you're planning your next visit so we can make a dam trip. If you send me your e-mail address, I can give you those pictures from temple night. Thanks for coming, Kaylinn!
Post a Comment