Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Surprise

I had a nice surprise on Monday when summer school started! Picture this: After a quick rush to get the last few things ready for students, the bell begins to ring-7:30. No students! Weird. 7:35..still no kids in class. I check to door to see if its locked; it isn't. 7:40..still no kiddos. So, I go talk to principal. Apparently, there weren't enough enrolled for World History to have 3 sections so my class was dropped. My summer has just been extended!

Fortunately the Summer School Principal doesn't hate me so we worked something out. Although I asked to be paid to surf the web all day all summer, he had another idea in mind. We went to the other 2 World History teachers and I stole about 8 kids from each of their classes, giving me 16 students for this term and only SIX next term so far! Can you believe it! In the end, its all good. I don't know what I do with myself if I ended up not teaching this summer!

3 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Plus the extra moolah is nice, too! We'll be in So Cal in August... will you be around? Wanna meet up for a picnic lunch or sompin'?

Kendra Leigh said...

Oh! I meant to say, also, that you are already in summer school, and here our regular school year still has 2 more weeks!!

The Kammeyers said...

You mean you don't want to watch reality TV and go on little adventures for the rest of the summer?! :) Hehe. JK! Yay for smaller classes. What a pleasant surprise!