I must admit, I have NO experience with the traditional High School Yearbook. Clayton Valley's tradition meant we got our yearbooks in September the following year, and "yearbook signing" rituals were non-existant. I only purchased a book my Senior year because mom said it was a good memory and have no messages or tid-bits from friends of years past. No BFF, Luv ya GirL, KIT, or "have a great summer".
That is all about to change now because today my cyber blogging friends, I am the new Yearbook Advisor! The perks? a hefty stipend at the end of the year, new real estate including a private office, a wall of computers, and a bit larger, and NO portable!, students who have applied and are accepted to the class, and a free trip for a seminar/camp for advisors. Thats cool. The downsides? Stress, real estate including no windows, farther walk from parking lot, (yet closer to copy room), and those share-a-wall deals that fold open and closed to the classroom next door.
Alas, whats done is done. I figure it will switch up my routine enough to keep me busy and bring a little more work to my week hopefully keeping me distracted from ... other things! Plus, if I work it right, I might not have to work next summer leaving more time for ... other things!



4 comments:
Kay, I LOVE yearbook class! I took it in Junior High and High School and when I originally wanted to teach High School, it was basically because I wanted to teach Yearbook. Anyway, I am jealous. I will let you in on any yearbook tips if you are in need of them. Believe me, I've got lots! Love you and good luck with. . .other things!
Yay for the yearbook! I totally rocked that class when I was in high school. :)
P.S. I hope you do indeed have time for "other things" because we all need that in life, right? :)
That will be fun for you! Good luck, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and remembering the good old days.
Hi, Kaylinn. I just tagged you on our blog.
Post a Comment