Mark had been telling me for some time that he had ordered the ring but knew that it wasn't going to arrive until after our trip to Utah. Disappointed, I tried to just accept the fact that I would have to see his family, have his family Bridal Shower, and go dress shopping in Utah without my ring. Tuesday night he again assured me that he as terribly sorry that the ring hadn't arrived, but that it was indeed on its way.
We had been planning for about a week that the day before we were to leave for Utah we would go to Disneyland. I would have just finished finals, and what better way then to head over to the park. As we were driving over, Mark asked, "what was the first ride we rode on our first date?" Confused, I chuckled, "the same ride we ride first every time we go to the park. Pirates!" I wondered for a minute, why he would ask me a question he already knew the answer to. Weird.
After several rides, we made it over to the Blue Bayou restaurant (the one you see while riding pirates) for our reservation at 5. Now, my curiosity sensors were up again as I had heard of stories of people getting engaged at the Bayou with the cookie boat. Mark was insistent on the ordering of the cookie boat. So of course I went along with it, somewhat hoping I could expect the ring to show up. Dessert came, No ring! Delicious ice cream, slightly disappointed that I had let myself expect something he has assured me was not coming for a few weeks more.
We then left Disneyland for our appointment at the temple. We try to get in a temple session when we can and knew the rest of our month was pretty busy so now was the best time. After a quick stop to visit with my grandma and more apologies from Mark for the missing ring, we went to the Newport Beach temple. Our session was delightful. I had felt so good about everything and was excited to just spend some time with Mark in the celestial room. He had previously said that he wanted to spend some extra time there anyway, so I was anticipating some good quite time for us to sit and enjoy the covenants we were preparing to make.
I arrived slightly before Mark did, and it seemed to take him longer than it should have. When he finally did show up, he quickly told me that he had to go to the restroom and we needed to leave. (sidenote: Mark was planning on asking in the celestial room but then re-evaluated when he assumed I would react the way I did. He had the ring box in his pocket so was very careful to not hug me fearing I would feel it sticking out!)
He rushed away, I went to change and we left. Now, my mind frame at this time was that it was getting late. It was about 10pm and I had to still go home to pack for our trip the next day. I had laundry to do and all my packing/cleaning to do before bed as I was working the next morning and then leaving right after work! Mark had other thoughts! He suggest we take a walk as he had some thoughts in the session he wanted to share. As we began to walk, he started saying all these nice things that women love to hear their men say. How he felt about me, things he sees in me, and where our futures were headed. By now I was aware of what was going on, and was trying to keep my composure.
The moment came. Mark had found a quiet spot near the fountains where he got on his knee and pulled out the largest red box I had ever seen.
"You don't have that yet? What are you doing? You don't have that yet?" was all I could say. I'm not even sure how Mark really asked as I was so caught up at how beautiful the ring was and how perfect he was and how lucky I felt and that this was all really happening. He asked the question to which he already knew the answer. Yes Mark! You are my best friend, my biggest fan, my perfect listening ear, my much needed ego boost, you laugh at my stupid jokes and stories, and strive to make our relationship better every day! Where did I go so right in my life to be so blessed with you, I am forever grateful!
Yes, I am in love. I am getting married. Someone pinch me!



11 comments:
Congrats! That is so exciting. Have fun getting all the wedding plans in order. When is the special date?
Oh just scrolled down and saw the date. oops! :)
April 3rd is going to be a glorious day! I am so happy for you! I am currently living vicariously through your little love story and it's making me all tingly inside! Mark is one lucky man, you're fabulous! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic!!!! I am so so excited. That was a very lovely story. What a romantic he is. And, I didnt know you had already gone through the temple, awesome. I want a close up of your ring! Show off the bling! You guys are adorable. April 3rd! Maybe we can plan a road trip up to Cali, since my sister lives there as well! You never know! Oh. that is... if we are invited!?
OOH! I'm crying!!! I was sure hoping this was the one! I've had good feelings about this kid:) I'm so happy for you! Yahooooo!!!!
Thank goodness you update your blog more regularly than Markus does! P.s. Hi, my name is Mindy, I am Mark's friend ... I left a comment in your last post. I am not creepy nor a stalker. :) Mark told me how he was going to propose, I loved reading how it actually turned out! Yay! :)
I LOVE the story (and I love that I knew all these little details already). :) Enjoy the engaged phase of your lives! It passes by all too quickly. (Then again, marriage is even better... so you have lots to look forward to). :) Anyway, I'll post about the shower, and other recent happenings, soon!
You don't know me, but I sang in choir with Mark at MVHS.
You guys are so cute together and I'm happy that he found you!!! That is such a great engagement story and I am so jealous that you get to go to DLR all the time!! That is my dream!!!
April weddings are great, especially before conference. My anniversary is April 5th, so it makes conference even better.
Will you have a reception in Utah??
Anyway, Congrats, you've got a great guy!
OMG BFF that is such a great story. I am so happy for you guys. And I am seriously emotionally prego from hearing your love story FS :)
I am so happy for you Kaylinn. Hurray now you have your fairly tale ending/beginning. You two are perfect for each other. I am glad that you are so happy.
I almost cried reading this! I don't even know him and I love him!
Post a Comment