Monday, March 24, 2008

Uprooted and Replanted



I survived the move! Now I'm all moved into my new house and absoutly love it. I admit to my mother's genes when it comes to decorating and I am so happy since now my bare walls and carpet is such a lovely and comfortable home! And I can't lie, I'm pretty much a rock star. I had the whole thing done one day! (Minus the packing) One U-haul, 7 volunteers, and 12 hours later, I'm a happy home living camper!





Here is a pictorial montage of my weekend move. My new room started out looking like this! Not that I have anything against pink and butterflies, but...this was NOT going to work for me.



So with the help of this little beautie...

And some old fashion "Elbow Grease"...
I now sleep in this serene piece of luxery...(compliments of the "W")
Then of course we have Moving Day! Boy oh boy do I have a lot of stuff!!! Where does it all come from?...

Thanks to the gents who helped out. We all wished we were a little more diligent in playing Tetris in our younger days. It almost didn't all fit in the already oversized U-haul. Come on now, there is just one of me!...

A little shout out to Heidi for taking the pictures without whom none of this would be possible. And another shout out to Courtney, I was wearing your Sooner pride all day! love you too girl.
And voila...we have a home! This is the living room...of which we don't have enough stuff to fill...
And the family room which is my favorite, super cozy and homey...
With the kitchen as well...wait a minute...whats that big...black...storage unit???...Lets get a close up on that...
BAM!!! Yes, this is my roommates "quality" storage deal that has way more nasties on it then when this picture was taken. Please take note of the lifetime supply of RAMEN on the bottom shelf. WTF??? Did you not notice the million cabinets in the KITCHEN.
One more shot of the lovey backyard where mucho relaxations happen. And the upcoming Backyard BBQ house warming party!



I love the new place...even with the not so normal roommates!

7 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Love it, love it! Dang, girl, after that lovely little chat and this very informative post I feel positively up to date on your new surroundings! My sympathy goes out to you on the utility shelves! :( Simply unacceptable! Mission to abort shelves commencing! :)

Anyway, cheers to the W for the lovely bedroom. Your decorating is great! Those girls need some sense smacked into them. :)

OK, I'm done with my novel now!

Tiffany said...

You are so sweet! I'm so glad that I did get to know you for that one day because, I too, think you are wonderful! Your new house looks great (in spite of the crazy roommate style choices!) I know all about crazy roommates. I've had my fair share of them it seems. Good luck with everything and keep in touch! XOXOXO

Diana said...

Kaylinn, I love the new place. . . absolutely AMAZING! The not so cool roommates will do just fine as you have 1 SWEET place of living! I love it and I love your new room!

Michele said...

Your house looks great! How big of a house is it? Where are you living now days? I can't wait until I am done with the apartment living. Maybe someday it will happen! You did a great job with the house. Oh by the way, I love the short hair. Gosh its been a very long time since I've seen you!

The Ross Family said...

Kaylinn,
I love youre place. It is so much fun to see the decorator in you come out. I know, it is one of the many wonderful genes that mom passed onto us girls. You gotta love it. Good work girl,
Tess

David, Lesley, Carter and Spencer said...

Dear Kay --
Do you have any idea what "WTF" stands for? I think I laughed my head off for an hour! I'm not sure though since I didn't have a head at the time to capture the memory of me laughing it off. Maybe next time you could use an acronym more like "OML."

I have to admit, little fuzzies went through my body to see the beautiful new abode, you've seemed to aquire. I want to come and visit.

Don't wory about the roomates. they seem pretty cool.

Angela said...

Hi Kaylinn,
I just clicked on your blog, through Di, and had to say hi. It looks like you are up to lots of fun these days, your house looks great! That is really exciting. I wish I had your great little fenced in back yard for my boys to run around in. Anyway, just wanted to say hi :)
Angela Bragonje (Hulme)