Tuesday, December 18, 2007

San Diego Quickie

With Courtney in town, we decided I needed a day off work and a trip over to San Diego. We stopped in at Balboa Park since it was Tuesday Freeday with several museums offering free admission. The Museum of Man was really interesting; we learned all about our ape heritage! really wonderful. We ran over to Old Town for a fast walk and some ice cream, and then over to the San Diego Temple for a perfect ending and some more accurate heritage lessons! :) Its great when friends come to visit. Here are some pictures for all you lookers! :)



This is outside the botanical gardens at Balboa Park.

I look a little scary, but I really liked the fountain. Too bad I'm not wearing my 'glamorous' glasses Courtney gave me. Then the picture would be perfect.

And of course, beautiful San Diego temple at night. Truly a beautiful sight. They have musical groups come each night in December to perform and we met the orchestrator of the whole shin-dig. She sure does know how to talk, but a really interesting lady. Its pretty much like meeting a celebrity...but not!

1 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Cute pics! Looks like you had a nice day off. Cheers to mini vacations!